Sunday Six Pack
This week’s pack includes:
- 2019 Encostas do Lima Vinho Verde – A little bit of sunshine in your glass! This fresh and spritzy Vinho Verde comes from Ponte de Lima, one of the oldest towns in Portugal, where the poor soils are perfect for white wine grapes. It offers vibrant aromas of stone fruit and lively flavors of green apple, citrus and lime. A great white wine to kick off March!
- 2017 Reina de Castilla Verdejo – Sauv Blanc drinkers, we’ve got something we know you’ll enjoy! The Verdejo grape is mostly grown in the Rueda region of northwestern Spain, where dry summers and cool nights allow wines to develop bright aromas, juicy fruit flavors, and refreshing acidity. This delicious bottling sees 4 months of lees aging, creating a creamy and elegant palate bursting with apple, pear, fennel, and herbs.
- 2018 Maison Alain de la Treille Pinot Noir – Our newest Pinot Noir that easily outperforms more expensive French counterparts! Alain de la Treille is bursting with ripe cherry, cranberry, and spice, complemented by subtle earth notes and balanced acidity. Smooth, silky, and delicious.
- 2018 Quinta da Pacheca Tinto – This easy-drinking and fruit-forward Douro red blend is perfect for those who love Pinot Noir and Beaujolais. It’s a deliciously quaffable wine with aromas of red cherry and currant, followed by berry and a touch of spice on the palate.
- 2016 Bodegas y Viñedos de Murcia ‘Caracol Serrano’ – A blend of Monastrell, Syrah, and Cab Sauv. It offers dense layers of inky dark berries woven masterfully with dried herbs, spice, and dark chocolate – one of the finest value Spanish reds we’ve tasted. It’s so good that it was rated #24 on Wine Enthusiast’s Top 100 Best Buys of 2019!
- 2019 Never Look Back Cabernet Sauvignon – Riebeek Cellars continues their decades-old legacy of producing true-to-terroir bottles that highlight the ripe flavors and earthy nuances we love in Cabernet. This new bottling is brimming with dense black fruit flavors, cedary spice, dark chocolate, and beautifully integrated tannins for an elegant, smooth finish.
Tastes Like: Lime, Lemon, Pear
Tastes Like: Green Apple, Melon, Creamy Lees
Maison Alain de la Treille Pinot Noir
Tastes Like: Pomegranate, Black Cherry, Earth
Tastes Like: Cherry, Red Currant, Grape
Tastes Like: Blackberry, Dried Herbs, Spice
Tastes Like: Blackberries, Cedar, Dark Chocolate