Stars of Spain 6-Pack
A delightful hodgepodge of some of the best values Spain has to offer. You’ll try two very different styles of white wine from opposite sides of the country, a near-extinct grape from the northeast, a delicious blend from prestigious Priorat, and two distinctive bottlings of Tempranillo from Rioja and Toro.
- Raiolas Albariño – You can’t get a taste of Spain without a great Albariño, a wildly popular grape from the country’s northwestern Rias Baixas region. This classic style offers vivacious flavors of nectarine, white peach, sea salt, and citrus zest on the crisp and fresh palate. Enthusiasts love this wine for its versatility with fresh seafood and salads.
- Resso Garnacha Blanca – Also known as Grenache Blanc, this white clone of Grenache is popularly found around the Mediterranean coasts of Spain and France. This Wine Enthusiast Best Buy is fruity and medium-bodied, offering enticing notes of green apple, apricot, melon, and lanolin.
- Bal d’Isabena Moristel – Northeastern Spain may be most famous for Cava and Priorat, but fantastic values abound in little-known regions like Somontano. Moristel is a near-extinct variety that is light-bodied and fresh but still complex and richly flavored. In other words, this isn’t your grocery store Pinot Noir! It’s brimming with flavors of purple flowers, dark berries, and spice, with a touch of soft toasted vanilla from three months aging in French oak.
- Lo Petit de la Casa – Priorat is one of Europe’s most expensive wine regions, with bottles reaching into the hundreds and thousands of dollars, so it’s a real treat to find one this good for under $20! Lo Petit is a fantastic introduction to this famously spicy, intensely mineral style, with flavors of blackberry, cassis, balsamic, and wild herbs.
- Bodegas Ontanon Rioja Crianza – No tour of Spain is ever complete without a stop in Rioja. This sustainably-produced blend, which is made from mostly Tempranillo with a little Garnacha, offers classic Rioja flavors of black cherry, cocoa, vanilla, and leather.
- Abelis Carthago ‘Lui Seleccion’ Tempranillo – This bold wine is a Cabernet Lover’s Tempranillo! Produced from 120 year old ungrafted bushvines in the up-and-coming Toro region, this inky wine is packed with flavors of blackberry, black cherry, espresso, and chocolate.
Only 1 left in stock