Flights To Go
*NOTE: If you want to pick up on a different day than you place your order, please leave us a comment in the “Order Notes” at checkout.
This week’s lineup includes some old favorites, along with several new award-winning selections:
- 2019 McBride Sisters Sauvignon Blanc – Ever since we told you the amazing story of this Black Woman-Owned Winery a few months ago, their wines have been flying off the shelf. If you haven’t tried their scrumptious Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc yet, don’t miss your chance! It boasts classic flavors of ruby red grapefruit, passionfruit, citrus zest, and white flowers, with fresh acidity leading into a long, crisp finish.
- 2019 Atlantique Rose – Although the Provence region of southern France is the country’s best known producer of Rose, some of the most interesting styles come from off the beaten path. Take this Loire Valley bottling, for example: composed of 100% Cabernet Franc, it boasts nuanced flavors of watermelon, currant, and strawberry, with notes of black pepper and spice coming through on the dry finish.
- 2018 Short Street Pinotage – For a unique fall alternative to Pinot Noir, look no further than South Africa’s native Pinotage grape. A cross between the notoriously finicky Pinot and the much heartier Cinsault, it boasts the freshness and vibrance of the former with the structure and spice of the latter. This delicious example offers flavors of red berries and dark plum, with smoky accents and a robust finish.
- 2018 Vinaceous ‘Voodoo Moon’ Malbec – Can Malbec from Australia really be any good? Well, this wine’s 93 Point score certainly speaks for itself! It’s nothing like your typical Argentine example, but it’s still a must-try for any lover of the varietal. Dense flavors of dark cherries and mulberry are underpinned by peppercorns and toasted oak, all leading into a smooth finish.
- BONUS TASTING: 2016 Renwood Premier Old Vine Zinfandel – Based in the Sierra Foothills of Amador County, Renwood has been one of the most respected Zinfandel producers in the world for three decades. To understand why, all you need to do is taste this 92 Point ‘Editor’s Choice’ bottling. Its ripe flavors of blueberry, brambly fruit, smoked chocolate, and baking spices are balanced by smooth tannins on the memorable finish.
- CLUB MEMBER DOUBLE BONUS: 2016 Abelis Carthago ‘Lui Selection Tempranillo’ – One of the wines that started it all! This age-old favorite is the wine we affectionately refer to as ‘The Napa Cab Lover’s Tempranillo’… but it’s available for a fraction of the price. Made from 120-year-old ungrafted vines, it offers up richly concentrated flavors of dark black fruit, leather, earth, and roasted espresso. Bold yet still deliciously drinkable.
It’s a pretty impressive roster to be sure, and the fact that you can try all of these gorgeous wines without shelling out for full bottles makes this deal a total no-brainer.
Order now while supplies last, and take an hour or two out of your weekend to treat yourself to a little bit of The Wine Life – you deserve it!